Calvo Bottle and Memorabilia Museum

The Calvo Building is a historic building along Escolta corner Soda Streets, Binondo, Manila, Philippines. Built in 1938, it is an outstanding example of beaux-arts architecture. It served as the home of the radio station DZBB-AM before moving to its present location in Diliman, Quezon City. It now houses the Escolta Museum which contains memorabilia from the past. The building is designed by Fernando H. Ocampo.

The Calvo is located along the magnificent Escolta, facing her neighbors the Crystal Arcade, Capitol Theater, and the Brias Roxas Building. At a cost of P300,000.00, the construction materials used by the Calvo Building were supplied by well-known establishments such as steel bars supplied by the Republic Steel Corporation, where it was represented in the Philippines by Atlas Trade Development Corporation; cement was supplied by Rizal Cement owned by Madrigal y Cía of the late Senator Vicente Madrigal López, and doors supplied by Gonzalo Puyat & Sons.

Leave a Comment